Social & Emotional Development
Here at Little VIPs we nurture each child’s social and emotional development. We recognise
that is it an integral part of each child’s learning and development.
We do this by helping children to:
- develop healthy identities,
- recognise and manage emotions,
- feel and show empathy for others,
- establish and maintain supportive relationships through their friendships,
- achieve personal and group goals and
- make responsible and caring decisions.
We ensure that all of these things are built into the learning experiences that we provide through carefully planned small group time activities and naturally occurring instances each and every preschool day.
We use the CASEL Social and Emotional Framework to help us plan and support children’s developing competences in our preschool.